Saturday, September 29, 2012

How about this...

God sleeps in the minerals, awakens in plants, walks in animals, and thinks in man. 
Arthur Young 

I had a woman on my carriage recently who was a medium from Montreal. She has her own television show in Buffalo, NY and she and her male companion seemed very in touch with 'the other side'. I told her my husband's father died many years ago and she claimed that his soul was on my carriage, that s
he had goose bumps from it. She said that whenever you mention people who have passed, that it's like you are calling them on a phone and that they show up immediately. She also said that if you want a sign that the spirit you want to talk to is around, that people who have died have easy access to electronics and can easily mess around with electronic devices. I told her I would email her when I got home so she could include me in her prayer circle. You can never have too many people praying for you, right? Then I went home and my computer was completely frozen and stayed that way for the rest of the night. The next morning, I had Internet service like nothing happened. But I started wondering about Miss Medium. Isn't it easy to say you know a lot about something no one can prove is there? If she says that spirits act a certain way, I have no idea if she is right or wrong. How does she know if she is right or wrong? To be an expert in subjective experience- isn't everybody's experience going to be different? I stand by the contention I had before she got on my carriage- if there are spirits on the other side and they can or want to communicate with us/me, how about no? How about ya'll stay where you are and I'll stay where I am? How about I choose not to experience any form poltergeist in this or any other lifetime and that it would be best to leave well enough alone? Except, obviously, if some spirit wants to pass along the winning Powerball numbers to me, that I am okay with. Other than that, death is the final act of life, is in fact, a part of the action of life but I am ensconced in Life and can generate most of what I need/want on this plane and in this world. Except the dang Powerball numbers. They have proven elusive.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed meeting this woman and don't mean anything disparaging about her. I just looked at what had happened with her in a new light when I got home and objectively thought about it. Can she communicate with the other side. I don't know. For the sake of those who think she can, I hope she knows what she says she knows!